Definition of Bual in English:
1A variety of wine grape grown chiefly in Madeira.
- The white Sercial, Verdelho, Bual, and Malvasia varieties which are classified as ‘noble’ by the ruling Madeira Wine Institute are in short supply.
- It has many subvarieties, although Bual Cachudo is the highest quality one, and is the most commonly planted.
- The name was used for a whole group of grapes but today is usually connected with the Bual de Madeira.
1.1A Madeira wine of a medium sweet type made from Bual grapes.
- Served slightly chilled, dry Sercials and Verdelhos make fresh, exuberant aperitifs, while the richer Buals and Malmseys are superb with cheese, nuts - and cigars - at the end of a meal.
- All of Barbeito's wines - even the fully sweet Buals and Malmseys - lie somewhere between pale gold and burnished tawny in the spectrum.
- For many Madeira lovers, Buals offer the best combination of richness and elegance.
From Portuguese boal.
Definition of Bual in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan