- Inflammation and thrombosis in small and medium-sized blood vessels, typically in the legs and leading to gangrene. It has been associated with smoking.More example sentences
- Never very healthy, she suffered for many years from diabetes and Buerger's disease, which affects the circulation and can lead to gangrene.
- Skin diseases like psoriasis, eczemas, neurodermatitis, and Buerger's disease are also cured with the help of Pomorie's waters.
- Thromboangiitis obliterans, also known as Buerger's disease, is a nonatherosclerotic inflammatory disease of the small-sized and medium-sized arteries and veins of the arms and legs.
early 20th century: named after L. Buerger (1879–1943), American surgeon.
More definitions of Buerger's diseaseDefinition of Buerger's disease in:
- The British & World English dictionary