- Cancer of the lymphatic system, caused by the Epstein-Barr virus, chiefly affecting children in central Africa.More example sentences
- Two of these viruses, Kaposis Sarcoma Associated Herpes virus and Epstein - Barr virus, predispose infected individuals to the cancers Kaposis sarcoma, Burkitt's lymphoma and Hodgkin's disease.
- EBV is associated with Hogkin's disease, Burkitt's lymphoma and stomach cancer.
- But scientists have much more to learn about how other genetic mutations, environmental factors and infectious agents, such as the Epstein-Barr virus, work together to cause Burkitt's lymphoma.
1960s: named after D. P. Burkitt (1911–93), the British surgeon who described it.
More definitions of Burkitt's lymphomaDefinition of Burkitt's lymphoma in:
- The British & World English dictionary