- A blank compact disc which can be recorded on once only.More example sentences
- Many wise men thought our problems were solved with the advent of the CD-R aka recordable compact disc.
- CD burning software developer Optima Technology has sued rival Roxio and threatened any other company that allows users to record information onto a CD-R.
- A CD-R or a DVD may last 100 years, although we don't really know for sure.
1980s: abbreviation of compact disc recordable.
More definitions of CD-RDefinition of CD-R in:
- The British & World English dictionary