Definition of Cabernet Franc in English:
1A variety of black wine grape grown chiefly in parts of the Loire valley and northeastern Italy.
- Bordeaux grape varieties Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, and Merlot predominate, and the cooler climate here upriver tends to result in light versions of red, and some rosé, Bordeaux.
- For example, did you know that the Cabernet Sauvignon grape is the result of a cross between Cabernet Franc and Sauvignon Blanc grapes.
- Malbec is a grape often blended with other reds, typically the Bordeaux varieties - Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
1.1A red wine made from the Cabernet Franc grape.
- A handful of varietal Cabernet Francs are bottled in California today but the majority of the state's crop is used in Meritage like blends.
- Loire Cabernet Francs have brighter fruit characters, such as red cherry and red raspberry.
- The Merlot gives it a much fuller flavor than most Cabernet Francs, but it is still smooth, with light tannins.
Definition of Cabernet Franc in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan