Definition of Cabernet Sauvignon in English:
1A variety of black wine grape from the Bordeaux area of France, now grown throughout the world.
- The traditional hot inland vineyards were abandoned for sites benefiting from cool ocean influence, where grapes such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinotage, Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc flourished.
- Such French vine varieties as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Syrah, and some Pinot Noir were planted.
- In 1974, he planted famous varietals like Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
1.1A red wine made from the Cabernet Sauvignon grape.
- A fascinating part of the tour was to taste vintage 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot maturing in two types of French oak, as well as American and Bulgarian.
- In Napa for example, the best wines are generally thought to be Cabernet Sauvignons.
- But as more wineries and tasting rooms open here, there's more opportunity to sample locally produced Chardonnays, Pinot Noirs, Pinot Blancs, and Cabernet Sauvignons.
Definition of Cabernet Sauvignon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan