Definition of California poppy in English:
An annual poppy native to western North America that is cultivated for its brilliant yellow or orange flowers.
- Eschscholzia californica, family Papaveraceae
- In spring, the hills shine an almost Irish green; patches of California poppies glow brilliant yellow orange.
- The three flowers to be voted upon included the California poppy, the Mariposa lily, and the Matilija poppy.
- Among them were orange and yellow California poppies; their sunny blooms have returned every year since.
Definition of California poppy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan