- A roll of sushi with a filling containing avocado, cucumber, and crabmeat: where does one begin when choosing a sake to match their fresh California roll?More example sentences
- You won't find mayonnaise in any sushi bar in Tokyo, but the American-Japanese concoction they call a California roll went down a storm, and the thinly sliced scallops were outstanding.
- The salmon was perfectly glazed, and the accompaniments - fried shumai, California rolls, and even the miso soup - were exceptional.
- For the California roll, get some dried seaweed sheets, sesame seeds, medium grain sushi rice, an avocado, a cucumber, thin leg style imitation crab and some rice vinegar.
More definitions of California rollDefinition of California roll in:
- The British & World English dictionary