noun[treated as singular or plural] • trademark
- A system of physical exercises based on small repeated movements.More example sentences
- Says Mary Adams of Callanetics In The UK: ‘We have had top athletes and girls who haven't exercised in their lives with both groups doing the same thing at their own pace.
- Ms. Lewis, a fitness expert and a ballet dancer, has been conducting dance workshops in the city, especially on Callanetics, a fitness programme developed in the U.S.
- I've finally reached that point where I've realised I'm not going to fit into my old clothes for a long while yet, Callanetics or no Callanetics.
late 20th century: named after Callan Pinckney (born 1939), American deviser of the system, perhaps on the pattern of athletics.
More definitions of CallaneticsDefinition of Callanetics in:
- The British & World English dictionary