- A yellowish resin obtained from the balsam fir and used for mounting preparations on microscope slides.More example sentences
- A cover slip was mounted over the preparations using Canada balsam.
- A thin section is a slice of rock 30 micrometres thick affixed to a glass plate or slide with a resin called Canada balsam.
- Wings were dissected from adult flies, mounted in methylsalicylate and Canada balsam, and examined by brightfield microscopy with a Nikon Eclipse E800 microscope equipped with a x4 objective.
More definitions of Canada balsamDefinition of Canada balsam in:
- The British & World English dictionary