Definition of Canada goose in English:
A common North American goose with a black head and neck, a white chinstrap, and a loud, trumpeting call.
- Branta canadensis, family Anatidae
- Often only one or two young survive locally following predation by crows and competition with Canada geese and grey-lag geese.
- Its skies were often darkened by blizzards of snow geese and immense flocks of great blue herons, swans, diving ducks, terns, pintails, mallards, Canada geese, osprey, bald eagles and more.
- The usual suspects were there, but I'm not inclined to go out of my way to see mallards, Canada geese, robins, and red-wings.
Definition of Canada goose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan