Definition of Cantabrigian in English:
Of or relating to Cambridge (in England) or Cambridge University.
- In the nineteenth century, publishers cranked out endless streams of literary and semi-scientific ramblings by Oxonian and Cantabrigian dons with too much time on their hands.
- These are Cantabrigian stories, told with a firm awareness of a wider British backdrop.
nounBack to top
A student or faculty member of Cambridge University.
- If you happen to be a fellow Bostonian or Cantabrigian, then get in touch with chapter President Ronan Wolfsdorf find out what we're up to.
- The group that has, for the last couple of years, straggled so far behind its Cantabrigian and Dunelmian (yes, it's a word) counterparts that we would consider ourselves lucky to choke on their dust.
- Lubenow adheres to a dry empiricism and rigorous abstention from overt theory which he deems appropriately Cantabrigian and Apostolic.
Definition of Cantabrigian in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia