(also Cape jessamine)
A fragrant Chinese gardenia, some kinds of which have flowers that are used to perfume tea.
- Genus Gardenia, family Rubiaceae: several species, in particular G. jasminoides
More example sentences
- The Cape jasmine is a tropical plant grown for its heavily-scented, ivory-white flowers (usually produced in late summer and autumn, and its dark, glossy, evergreen foliage.
- The young women wear fragrant Cape jessamine & pink tea roses in their hair or pinned at the bodice.
- The oleander, the Cape jessamine and the crepe-myrtle, puny shrubs and hot-house plants at the North, here are trees, that grow to the height of twenty feet.
Definition of Cape jasmine in:
- The British & World English dictionary