(also Cape jessamine)
Definition of Cape jasmine in English:
A fragrant Chinese gardenia, some kinds of which have flowers that are used to perfume tea.
- Genus Gardenia, family Rubiaceae: several species, in particular G. jasminoides
- The Cape jasmine is a tropical plant grown for its heavily-scented, ivory-white flowers (usually produced in late summer and autumn, and its dark, glossy, evergreen foliage.
- The young women wear fragrant Cape jessamine & pink tea roses in their hair or pinned at the bodice.
- The oleander, the Cape jessamine and the crepe-myrtle, puny shrubs and hot-house plants at the North, here are trees, that grow to the height of twenty feet.
Definition of Cape jasmine in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan