(also Cape petrel)
Definition of Cape pigeon in English:
A common petrel of southern oceans that has black plumage with white markings. Also called pintado petrel.
- Daption capense, family Procellariidae
- Wandering albatrosses, Wilson's stormy petrels, Cape petrels and brown-browed albatrosses (try saying that quickly!) kept us entertained us with their flights across the waves.
- A couple of Australasian gannets, white-fronted terns, and two Cape petrels put in an appearance.
- The population and breeding status of Cape petrel is satisfactory.
Definition of Cape pigeon in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan