(also Cape petrel)
A common petrel of southern oceans that has black plumage with white markings. Also called pintado petrel.
- Daption capense, family Procellariidae
More example sentences
- Wandering albatrosses, Wilson's stormy petrels, Cape petrels and brown-browed albatrosses (try saying that quickly!) kept us entertained us with their flights across the waves.
- A couple of Australasian gannets, white-fronted terns, and two Cape petrels put in an appearance.
- The population and breeding status of Cape petrel is satisfactory.
Definition of Cape pigeon in:
- The British & World English dictionary