- 1Cappadocianadjective& noun
- Example sentences
- It preserves the original Greek of many passages otherwise known only in Latin, and shows what the Cappadocians found valuable in his teaching.
- The finest frieze shows a long line of dependent races paying tribute to the Persian king: the Ionians have brought balls of wool, the Cappadocians horses, the Parthians donkeys and jars.
- Interestingly, their view of the Cappadocians was often coupled with that of the medieval theologian, Richard of St. Victor, and his distinctive ‘social Trinity.’
Definition of Cappadocia in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.