Definition of Capricorn in English:
1.1 (a Capricorn) A person born when the sun is in the sign of Capricorn.
- By the way, I'm a Leo and my husband is a Capricorn, and those Sun sign charts say we'd never make it.
- As a Capricorn, you probably think you already have all the answers to this week's cosmic conundrums.
- For trivia buffs, Helen's own daughter is a Capricorn, and has been working as the production manager on Lord of the Rings.
tropic of Capricorn
- see tropic1.
- Example sentences
- Let this week's cosmic bonfire burn off some of that Capricornian attachment to defining yourself by possessions or achievements - before next week's astral emphasis on material world concerns starts kicking in.
- Martian vibes get you motivated like nobody's business - they also magnify that Capricornian belief that you alone know what's best for everyone else.
- This Capricornian says he watches a lot of action movies.
Pronunciation: /ˈkaprəˌkôrnēən/noun& adjective
Old English, from Latin capricornus, from caper, capr- 'goat' + cornu 'horn', on the pattern of Greek aigokēros 'goat-horned, Capricorn'.
Words that rhyme with Capricornbarleycorn • unicorn
Definition of Capricorn in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.