- An order of mammals that comprises the cats, dogs, bears, hyenas, weasels, civets, raccoons, and mongooses. They are distinguished by having powerful jaws and teeth adapted for stabbing, tearing, and eating flesh.More example sentences
- Marine mammals are divided into three orders: Carnivora, Sirenia and Cetacea.
- Over 90% of the large mammalian specimens recovered represent members of the order Carnivora.
- The Northern immigrants to South America included the rodents, Carnivora (bears, cats, dogs, etc.), llamas and horses, bovids (particularly deer), and the tapirs and elephants.
More definitions of CarnivoraDefinition of Carnivora in:
- The British & World English dictionary