(also Cestoidea /-ˈtoidēə/)
- A class of parasitic flatworms that comprises the tapeworms.More example sentences
- The Cestoda, or tapeworms, are intestinal parasites in vertebrates, and they also show anatomical and life history modifications for parasitism.
- The medically important flatworms are further divided into the flukes and tapeworms (Cestoda).
- We analyze and describe here the complete mitochondrial genome sequence of a platyhelminth, the tapeworm (i.e., class Cestoda) Hymenolepis diminuta, and compare aspects of this genome with those already published.
modern Latin (plural), from Latin cestus, from Greek kestos, literally 'stitched', used as a noun in the sense 'girdle'.
More definitions of CestodaDefinition of Cestoda in:
- The British & World English dictionary