- 1A variety of white wine grape used for making champagne and other wines.More example sentences
- They cover all the main grape varieties, including Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.
- The most prominent white varieties grown are Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc.
- Its fresh, sparkling flavour is distinguished by a unique blend of excellent wines from classic grape varieties such as Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc and Chenin.
- 1.1A wine made from the Chardonnay grape.More example sentences
- Although best known for Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Shiraz, and Pinotage, Stellenbosch produces a host of wine types including port style wines and some excellent Chardonnays and Sauvignon Blancs.
- The latter, closer to the Pacific Ocean, is home to excellent Pinot Noirs and Chardonnays.
- I regularly taste Chardonnays ten times the price of this wine that aren't anyway near as good.
More definitions of ChardonnayDefinition of Chardonnay in:
- The British & World English dictionary