- 1A code word representing the letter C, used in radio communication.More example sentences
- In addition to not having flown in the west for quite a while, being assigned the plane at night complicated things even more: The charlie model is slightly different than the bravo model I flew as an instructor.
- 2 • informal Cocaine.More example sentences
- Hence you have a band who are clearly a bit un-nerved by the amount of freeloaders gossiping about their next load of charlie, and the whole thing spirals down from there.
- The point of all the numbers - published by a team from the Institute for Pharmacological Research in Milan - is that consumption of charlie in the region is much higher than previously thought.
- I'll be knackered by teatime. I'll need a drink and a nice line or two of charlie.
- 3US & Australian/New Zealand • military slang A member of the Vietcong or the Vietcong collectively.[shortening of Victor Charlie, radio code for VC, representing Vietcong]More example sentences
- When it comes to standing up to Victor Charlie, there is no color difference among U.S. troops.
- The Viet Cong aka Charlie will be eating in our "mess hall".
late 19th century: diminutive of the male given name Charles.