- A phylum that includes the stoneworts, which are frequently treated as a class (Charophyceae) of the green algae.More example sentences
- The charophycean lineage includes the Chlorokybales, Klebsormidiales, Conjugophyta, the Coleochaetales and the Charophyta.
- The maximum depth of Charophyta occurrence is 7 meters, and most of the species do not spread to the depth of 1 meter.
- There are only four genera of Charophyta occurring in North America.
modern Latin (plural), former name of the family Characeae, from Chara (genus name) + Greek phuton 'a plant'.
More definitions of CharophytaDefinition of Charophyta in:
- The British & World English dictionary