- (In North America) a woman or girl of Mexican origin or descent.More example sentences
- Few Anglo women had their first child under age 18, compared to Mexican immigrants and U.S.-born Chicanas (women of Mexican descent).
- In particular, the contributors explore the participation of writers and intellectuals on the Left in the development of African American, Chicano / Chicana, and Asian American literature and culture.
- More specifically, the male dominated Chicano movement of the 1960s and 1970s brought many Chicanas to push for Chicana feminism.
Mexican Spanish, alteration of Spanish mejicana (feminine) 'Mexican'.
See Chicano (usage).
More definitions of ChicanaDefinition of Chicana in:
- The British & World English dictionary