- another term for sodium nitrate, especially as a commercial product mined in Chile and other arid parts of the world.More example sentences
- They also get then some Chile saltpetre to get the growth in it again.
- In 1913 the only commercial fertilizer was Chile saltpetre, and it was running out.
- These products had long helped to boost farmers’ yields, and DAVV's hardest competition came initially from imported Chile saltpetre.
More definitions of Chile saltpeterDefinition of Chile saltpeter in:
- The British & World English dictionary