Definition of China aster in English:
A Chinese plant of the daisy family, cultivated for its bright showy flowers.
- Callistephus chinensis, family Compositae
- Annual asters, also called China asters, flower in all colors but orange.
- Set out nursery seedlings of ageratum, amaranth, celosia, China aster, coleus, gazania, geranium, heliotrope, impatiens, Madagascar periwinkle, nierembergia, ornamental pepper, petunia, and scarlet sage.
- Annual varieties are known as China asters and are showier than their perennial counterparts.
Definition of China aster in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.