Definition of Chinese cabbage in English:
An oriental cabbage that does not form a firm heart.
- Genus Brassica, family Brassicaceae: two species, bok choy (B. chinensis), which has smooth tapering leaves, and pe-tsai (B. pekinenis), which resembles lettuce; they are often treated as varieties of B. rapa
- Try ornamental kale and cabbage, Chinese cabbage, crinkle-leaf parsley, spinach, snapdragon and dianthus underplanted with spring-flowering bulbs.
- These could include Chinese leaves, welsh onion, and shiitake, possibly with the addition of tofu or shirataki.
- At the moment he has cabbages, mielies, onions, Chinese cabbage, baby marrow, Cape gooseberry, spanspek and cherry tomatoes.
Definition of Chinese cabbage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia