- An oriental cabbage that does not form a firm heart.
More example sentences
- Genus Brassica, family Brassicaceae: two species, bok choy (B. chinensis), which has smooth tapering leaves, and pe-tsai (B. pekinenis), which resembles lettuce; they are often treated as varieties of B. rapa
- Try ornamental kale and cabbage, Chinese cabbage, crinkle-leaf parsley, spinach, snapdragon and dianthus underplanted with spring-flowering bulbs.
- These could include Chinese leaves, welsh onion, and shiitake, possibly with the addition of tofu or shirataki.
- At the moment he has cabbages, mielies, onions, Chinese cabbage, baby marrow, Cape gooseberry, spanspek and cherry tomatoes.
More definitions of Chinese cabbageDefinition of Chinese cabbage in:
- The British & World English dictionary