- A leafy green Asian plant of the cabbage family, closely related to broccoli but with more leaf and stem and much smaller florettes. It is commonly used in Asian cooking.
More example sentences
- Brassica alboglabra, family Brassicaceae
- ‘Kailaan,’ which is also known as Chinese broccoli or Chinese kale, is one of the best.
- The most common vegetables are kangkong, Chinese chive, Chinese kale, pak choi and mini cucumber.
- Remove leaves from the Chinese kale or cabbage, and cut the stems into 1 inch pieces, then chill for garnish.