Definition of Christmas cactus in English:
A Brazilian cactus with branching stems of glossy green, flat, broad, tooth-edged sections, the tips of which bear long flowers, typically red or pink, with recurved outer petals. Christmas cacti are widely cultivated as houseplants.
- Schlumbergera bridgesii (or Zygocactus bridgesii), family Cactaceae
- While poinsettia is the most popular, a Christmas cactus in full bloom is a great gift and easy to care for once the flowers have faded.
- You'll be glad to hear that my Christmas cacti are now dripping with pink buds and the geraniums on my frost-free balcony continue to bloom spectacularly.
- Every fall, my Christmas cactus displays a spectacular profusion of blooms on a covered patio in San Mateo, California.
Definition of Christmas cactus in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.