Definition of Cimmerian in English:
1Relating to or denoting members of an ancient nomadic people who overran Asia Minor in the 7th century bc.
- A full Jurassic succession is rarely preserved in the southern North Sea Basin because of erosion associated with the late Cimmerian unconformity.
- Like other blocks of the Cimmerian continent, the Baoshan block rifted from Gondwanaland.
- The Cimmerian islands, the present Turkey, Iran and Tibet, broke completely free of the Australian craton and moved rapidly to the north.
2 Greek Mythology Relating to or denoting members of a mythical people who lived in perpetual mist and darkness near the land of the dead.
- His eyes adjusted to the now familiar gloom of the Cimmerian's headquarters.
- There the people dwell, Of the Cimmerians, in eternal cloud And darkness.
nounBack to top
A member of the historical or mythological Cimmerian people.
- In this sequel to Conan the Barbarian, Robert E. Howard's proud Cimmerian sets forth on a heroic quest to recover a magical treasure and restore the life of his beloved Valeria.
- Although this is billed as a Conan story, we really don't see too much of the Cimmerian warrior.
Definition of Cimmerian in:
- British & World English dictionary