- A cinematographic process in which special lenses are used to compress a wide image into a standard frame and then expand it again during projection. It results in an image that is almost two and a half times as wide as it is high.More example sentences
- Re-started as a CinemaScope picture, it turned out to be a very wise choice.
- The colors aren't as bright and bold as a CinemaScope picture shot in color by DeLuxe should be.
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers was released by MGM as a CinemaScope movie ‘in blushing color’ in 1954.
- More example sentences
- The CinemaScopic projection device ensures a wide field of vision with high-quality images.
- This low-budget, independent production premiered one week after the release of David Lean's CinemaScopic war epic blockbuster, The Bridge on the River Kwai.
- Zhang brings her face into loving close-up on the wide, CinemaScopic screen
More definitions of CinemaScopeDefinition of CinemaScope in:
- The British & World English dictionary