- A class of crustaceans that comprises the barnacles.More example sentences
- On the whole the maxillopodan groups Ostracoda and Cirripedia and the Malacostraca have left the most significant fossil records.
- Rhizocephala belong to the group Cirripedia and are endoparasites on decapods (shrimps and crabs).
- Most Cirripedia do not contain an oxygen transport protein.
modern Latin (plural), from Latin cirrus 'a curl' (because of the form of the legs) + pes, ped- 'foot'.
More definitions of CirripediaDefinition of Cirripedia in:
- The British & World English dictionary