(also Coleman lamp)
nounNorth American , • trademark
- A type of bright gasoline lamp used by campers.More example sentences
- Because we were in an outlying village, there was no electricity, and with the sun setting quickly over the horizon, it grew increasingly difficult to see by the light of torches and Coleman lamps.
- Nick removed a Coleman lantern from his bag and lit it, filling the room with a harsh, yellow light.
- She's getting by with three Coleman lanterns and a new double-barreled shotgun.
More definitions of Coleman lanternDefinition of Coleman lantern in:
- The British & World English dictionary