nounNorth American • historical
- A large covered wagon used for long-distance travel, typically carrying pioneers in the westward migration.More example sentences
- An 1895 trap carriage and a Conestoga wagon on a short stretch of plank road bracket a homemade airplane.
- We no longer need bur oak groves to act as safety nets for Conestoga wagons heading west.
- There were primitives, like a neat stair saw dated 1808, a Conestoga wagon jack, and the earliest lawn mower ever.
early 18th century: named after Conestoga, a town in Pennsylvania.
More definitions of Conestoga wagonDefinition of Conestoga wagon in:
- The British & World English dictionary