Definition of Crown land in English:
noun(also Crown lands)
1Land belonging to the British Crown.
- Officers contemplated serving an enforcement notice, but were thwarted when they searched the Land Register and found that the field was Crown land, bought by the Department for Transport for the M11 project.
- The CRoW Act states that dogs must be kept on short leads during the ground nesting season, but this only applies to public land, whereas most of the Forest is Crown land.
- We can ride anywhere on open Crown land and on tracks through the woodland.
1.1Land belonging to the state in some parts of the Commonwealth.
- A recalcitrant province insists it won't play the odds when deciding how to dispose of Crown land in British Columbia.
- Hunting, fishing and recreational opportunities on Crown land should be ensured for all British Columbians.
- The working forest initiative determined that B.C. needs to protect and identify the working Crown land base in British Columbia, which is about 45 million hectares, he said.
Definition of Crown land in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan