noun (plural Cuba libres)
- A cocktail typically containing cola, lime juice, rum, and a garnish of lime.More example sentences
- In the past it may have been daiquiris, planter's punch or a Cuba libre, but today the undisputed king of the rum drink is the mojito.
- We tried daiquiris at El Floridita where they were invented, Cuba libres at La Bodeguita del Medio where Ernest Hemingway used to hang out and mojitos sitting at the Cafe de Paris.
- He orders a pina colada, I a Cuba libre, which arrives with the cola in a separate carafe.
late 19th century: American Spanish, literally 'free Cuba'.
More definitions of Cuba libreDefinition of Cuba libre in:
- The British & World English dictionary