- A piquant sauce served as a relish with game and cold meats. It is typically made from red currant jelly flavored with orange, mustard, and port.More example sentences
- Salads featuring homemade chicken liver pate and Cumberland sauce, freshly cooked salmon, baked ham and roast stuffed turkey, come with extras such as chutneys from a local company.
- It's not a chain, and just because someone is a food critic, it doesn't mean they want to eat liver terrine with Cumberland sauce every night.
- I had the home made chicken liver pate with Cumberland sauce.
More definitions of Cumberland sauceDefinition of Cumberland sauce in:
- The British & World English dictionary