(also DNA profiling)
- The analysis of DNA from samples of body tissues or fluids in order to identify individuals.More example sentences
- A group of scientists feel that much of this man's data appears unreasonable, particularly the DNA fingerprinting used to match DNA samples.
- This work laid the foundations for the whole of the biotech industry: without it, DNA fingerprinting and genetic screening would be mere science fiction.
- In this issue, two further examples are discussed where knowledge of genome size may be important; namely DNA fingerprinting and quantitative genetics.
More definitions of DNA fingerprintingDefinition of DNA fingerprinting in:
- The British & World English dictionary