Definition of DVD-RAM in English:
1A blank DVD on which data, including music and movies, can be permanently recorded and read using the DVD-RAM format. A DVD-RAM discs can be recorded over many times, but will only play back in a DVD-RAM drive.
- It offers high-speed dubbing from hard disk drive onto DVD-RAM at speeds of 40x and onto DVD-R disc up to 64x in EP mode.
- Only that company uses DVD-RAM, which looks like a round disc in a square plastic box.
- Cprm employs a similar methodology, but is designed exclusively for recordable media like DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, SD flash memory and ATAPI storage.
1.1A format for recordable DVDs used by some companies.
- The disc that was formerly called HD DVD-RW is largely founded on DVD-RAM, whereas the format that will now be known as HD DVD-RW is more basic and, we understand, more suitable for a dual-layer version.
- For networked environments and high-capacity applications, the DVD choice is clear; DVD-RAM and DVD Multi-drives are the order of the day.
- This could take DVD-RAM out of the offline side, where it's been used for archiving and backup, and put it into online storage.
abbreviation of DVD recordable.
Definition of DVD-RAM in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan