Definition of DVD-RAM in English:
1A blank DVD on which data, including music and movies, can be permanently recorded and read using the DVD-RAM format. A DVD-RAM discs can be recorded over many times, but will only play back in a DVD-RAM drive.
- It offers high-speed dubbing from hard disk drive onto DVD-RAM at speeds of 40x and onto DVD-R disc up to 64x in EP mode.
- Only that company uses DVD-RAM, which looks like a round disc in a square plastic box.
- Cprm employs a similar methodology, but is designed exclusively for recordable media like DVD-R, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM, SD flash memory and ATAPI storage.
1.1A format for recordable DVDs used by some companies.
- The disc that was formerly called HD DVD-RW is largely founded on DVD-RAM, whereas the format that will now be known as HD DVD-RW is more basic and, we understand, more suitable for a dual-layer version.
- For networked environments and high-capacity applications, the DVD choice is clear; DVD-RAM and DVD Multi-drives are the order of the day.
- This could take DVD-RAM out of the offline side, where it's been used for archiving and backup, and put it into online storage.
Abbreviation of DVD recordable.
Definition of DVD-RAM in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.