- A small order of mammals that comprises the flying lemurs or colugos.More example sentences
- Euarchontoglires is composed of the orders Primates, Rodentia, Lagomorpha (rabbits, hares, and pikas), Scandentia (tree shrews), and Dermoptera (flying lemurs).
- Bats are thought to be related most closely to the Dermoptera, a small order of mammals (two species) which includes the colugos or ‘flying lemurs’ of the Phillippines.
- The order Dermoptera contains a single family, the Cynocephalidae, which is made up of a single genus with two species.
modern Latin (plural), from Greek derma 'skin' + pteron 'wing'.
More definitions of DermopteraDefinition of Dermoptera in:
- The British & World English dictionary