(also Deutsche Mark /ˈdoiCHə/)
- The basic monetary unit of Germany (until the introduction of the euro), equal to 100 pfennigs.More example sentences
- Germany's euro conversion rate may be one of the easiest - almost exactly two Deutschmarks to one euro.
- The accepted British line now contends that the French have harnessed the Germans by persuading them to give up the Deutschmark for the euro.
- Funds flowed back into the Deutschmark from the dollar, and funds leaving the French franc were also converted into Deutschmarks.
mid 20th century: from German deutsche Mark 'German mark'.
More definitions of DeutschmarkDefinition of Deutschmark in:
- The British & World English dictionary