Definition of Doctor of Philosophy in English:
1A doctorate in any discipline except medicine, or sometimes theology.
- For one, we do not require our faculty to have a PhD or even a masters degree.
- Originally obtaining a natural sciences degree Gordon went on to obtain a PhD before turning to medicine.
- Parveen got a Doctor of Philosophy in Medicinal Chemistry from the Regional Engineering College, Tiruchi.
1.1A person holding a Doctor of Philosophy degree.
- Besides there is a large concentration of PhDs and masters degree holders.
- With all the Law degrees and PhDs on the documentary subcommittee, one would think the slightest degree of fair and original thinking might shine through.
- Meteorologists and PhDs in math and economics helped analyze and model the vast amounts of data that Enron used in its trading operations.
Definition of Doctor of Philosophy in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.