Definition of Dogrib in English:
1A member of a Dene people of northwestern Canada.
- Then, most Dogribs were still not speaking English and had no concept of the country called Canada.
- No one among the Dogribs broke out to do any fancy dancing, - the accompaniment was by voice only.
- Aboriginally, the several socioterritorial groups or regional bands of Dogribs were autonomous.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to the Dogrib or their language.
- In 1959, she joined a colleague for five months of fieldwork, beginning a 25-year focus on Dogrib ethnography and a research partnership that produced several influential and important articles, books, and reports.
- There are a growing number of Dogrib individuals in leadership positions in their communities and in Yellowknife.
- Native Indians from the Dogrib First Nations community in Canada were demonstrating their ancient lore and traditions in Stromness on Saturday afternoon.
Translation of Cree atimospikay; from the legend that the people's common ancestor was a dog.
Definition of Dogrib in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.