Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of Dublin Bay prawn in English:
1 another term for Norway lobster.
- Some years ago, in a well-known fishing hotel, a fellow angler bet me a tenner that I couldn't catch a fish on the 10-inch Dublin Bay prawn that lay on his dinner plate.
- There are 27 chefs employed in the restaurant and it is the biggest purchaser of Dublin Bay prawns in Ireland.
- Dublin Bay prawns are an orange-pink shellfish which look like small, slim lobsters.
1.1 (Dublin Bay prawns) Scampi.
- It was master chef Felix Riou's personal recommendations we were served, two tartares of Dublin Bay prawns and cucumber jelly and a fabulous cheese soufflé with almond paste nougat.
- To start, I went for the Dublin Bay prawns in filo pastry with mango and fried capers for €10.50.
- I had the carpaccio of Dublin Bay prawns followed by Duclair duck with avruga caviar, and roasted Victoria pineapple for dessert.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.