A vigorous climbing vine with hooked tubular flowers, native to eastern North America.
- Aristolochia durior, family Aristolochiaceae
More example sentences
- And many annual vines - Dutchman's pipe, morning glories, moonflower, sweet peas, nasturtiums - grown by our grandparents hold appeal as heirlooms.
- For example, heat generation has turned up in certain plants of these ancient lineages of flowering plants: the magnolias, Dutchman's pipes, star anises, custard apples, and water lilies.
- Natural climbers such as clematis, Dutchman's pipe, and kiwi vines only need to be redirected as required.
Definition of Dutchman's pipe in:
- The British & World English dictionary