Definition of Eastern time in English:
The standard time in a zone including the eastern states of the US and parts of Canada, specifically.
- ● (Eastern Standard Time, abbrev.: EST) Standard time based on the mean solar time at the meridian 75° W, five hours behind GMT. ● (Eastern Daylight Time, abbrev.: EDT) Eastern time during daylight saving time, four hours behind GMT.
- Also trivially, time depends on the coordinate system when a change is made from Eastern Standard Time to Pacific Standard Time.
- After 2 a.m. Sunday, 77 counties will be on Eastern Standard Time, 5 counties will be on Eastern Daylight Time and 10 counties will be on Central Daylight Time.
- The match will now be decided by the final game to be played on Friday, starting at 3.30 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Definition of Eastern time in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan