Definition of Egyptian cobra in English:
A large nocturnal African cobra with a thick body and large head. Also called asp.
- Naja haje, family Elapidae
- She would not live this way, so history says she had an asp, which was an Egyptian cobra, brought to her hidden in a basket of figs.
- Most of them use the hooded cobra, and in Egypt the most popular species is the aggressive Egyptian cobra, which can grow to a length of almost eight feet and looks most impressive when it puffs up its hood.
- By common consent, Cleopatra's ticket to oblivion would have been the Egyptian cobra.
Definition of Egyptian cobra in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia