Definition of Egyptian goose in English:
A large African goose that has a dark patch around the eye, pink bill and legs, and either reddish-brown or grayish-brown upper parts.
- Alopochen aegyptiacus, family Anatidae
- In their tropical African home Egyptian geese frequent rivers, marshes and lakes resorting to a wide range of nesting sites.
- The water birds hovering around the lake include pelicans, spoonbills, Egyptian geese and hammerkops.
- Herons, Egyptian geese, stilts and sandpipers are already frequent visitors to the site.
Definition of Egyptian goose in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan