- A mongoose occurring over much of Africa and parts of southwestern Asia and Iberia, noted for its destruction of crocodile eggs. Also called ichneumon.
More example sentences
- Herpestes ichneumon, family Herpestidae
- The Egyptian mongoose lives in Africa on the savanna.
- The Egyptian mongoose is mainly nocturnal, although it sometimes hunts during the day.
- In temperate regions, the Egyptian Mongoose gives birth to up to four young.
More definitions of Egyptian mongooseDefinition of Egyptian mongoose in:
- The British & World English dictionary