Definition of Egyptian plover in English:
A ploverlike African bird of the courser family, with a striking pattern of black and white over a mainly bluish back and buff-colored underparts. Also called crocodile bird.
- Pluvianus aegyptius, family Glareolidae
- The Egyptian plover buries its egg in sand by day and incubates at night.
- The Egyptian plover is the tooth-cleaner for the crocodile.
- The Egyptian Plover is sometimes called the Crocodile Bird because of the relationship they reportedly have with crocs.
Definition of Egyptian plover in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan