Definition of Egyptian vulture in English:
A small white vulture with black wing tips, common in much of southern Eurasia and Africa.
- Neophron percnopterus, family Accipitridae
- The Fuji World of Hawks show starred Angel and Hawkeye, two Harris hawks, a gorgeous Malayan fish owl, a lagger falcon, red-tailed hawks, brahminy kites, a sea eagle, an Egyptian vulture, black Andean vultures and even adjutant storks.
- Animal and human excrement are also significant parts of the diets of a few species, including Egyptian vultures and hooded vultures.
- It draws kestrels, gray herons, falcons, and, for your life-list, occasional rare purple herons, Egyptian vultures, and oystercatchers.
Definition of Egyptian vulture in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan