Definition of Egyptian vulture in English:
A small white vulture with black wing tips, common in much of southern Eurasia and Africa.
- Neophron percnopterus, family Accipitridae
- The Fuji World of Hawks show starred Angel and Hawkeye, two Harris hawks, a gorgeous Malayan fish owl, a lagger falcon, red-tailed hawks, brahminy kites, a sea eagle, an Egyptian vulture, black Andean vultures and even adjutant storks.
- Animal and human excrement are also significant parts of the diets of a few species, including Egyptian vultures and hooded vultures.
- It draws kestrels, gray herons, falcons, and, for your life-list, occasional rare purple herons, Egyptian vultures, and oystercatchers.
Definition of Egyptian vulture in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.