noun (plural Emiratis)
- A citizen or inhabitant of the United Arab Emirates: the number of Emiratis marrying foreigners had risen by 10 per centMore example sentences
- Currently the average Emirati consumes roughly 550 liters of clean water every day.
- Emiratis now make up 21 per cent of the airline's core employee workforce.
- The move highlights the UAE's commitment to providing Emiratis with financial stability and a dignified life.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to the United Arab Emirates or its citizens: Emirati families a menu of traditional Emirati fareMore example sentences
- Her photographs document the forgotten public and private spaces of her native Emirati society.
- Our guide, an Emirati woman recently graduated from university, spoke perfect English and was reserved, polite and hugely informative.
- The Emirates Group has announced plans to provide 750 jobs for Emirati Nationals during the current financial year across various departments.
More definitions of EmiratiDefinition of Emirati in:
- The British & World English dictionary